Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Verdict: Worth the $14.99

So, after testing out - or 'lashing' out - (again, I could go on) my very own tube of L'Oréal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara, I quickly decided that this thing is absolutely worth the $14.99 you'd slam down on the counter of your local drugstore, (or that you'd furiously punch the keys in on any debit machine... or credit card chip machine - am I being specific enough here as to how you'd go about buying this product?) Ok, I am. Yes!

I quite enjoyed the two-step process to applying this mascara. First you apply the nourishing base coat (which looks like you're putting a thin layer of vanilla icing on your lashes) and then you seal the deal by applying the black mascara with the amply bristled wand. As another blogger also noted, my lashes really were noticeably longer, just like the mascara commercials always promise. And I can't say I've ever experienced that effect with another mascara, even with many of the department store brands.

Similarly, the removal process is just as breezy and almost like a science experiment. Unlike normal mascara removal, Beauty Tubes removes almost like that nail polish they used to make that you could just peel off. It doesn't remove messily, or bleed at all, but reminds me of more like washing slightly dried latex paint out of a paintbrush - very easy, mess-free, and quite effortless. And, you need only water!

So, overall, I was very impressed with this product, which hit stores in December 2008. I highly recommend it, and I also really enjoyed the L'Oréal smokey eyeshadow compact I tested as well. Shades of grey - and lovin' every minute of 'em.

I'm a grey nerd as well. But I'll leave that topic for another post.

No comments: