Friday, September 25, 2009

Rice and cookies

Rice: Just got done mangeing (aka eating to the English speaker) an amazing sandwich from Rice Bar that cost me $6.90. It's called the Kensington (the sandwich, not the market). Definitely try it. Two of the highlights? Tofu and kimchi. Oh, and spinach. Can't remember the other stuff, but comes out to be a pretty great samwidge.

Now for the cookies: I was asked to order a traveller of coffee and some cookies today from Starbucks - enough for 5 people for a meeting. When I placed the order over the phone I ordered 10 cookies - figured, people probably won't have two each, but let's be generous. But then at the last minute, I thought, let's make it an even 12. Well my god, I had NO idea how big their cookies are. These things were like wagon wheels. The real kind of wagon wheels too, not like those snacky things you eat when you're 8. GAWD. I just went into someone's office right now, only to see a half eaten cookie thrown into the garbage. Those cookies cost $23.73!!!! At least it ain't my money...

No comments: