Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movieholes

This weekend I finally saw doc King Corn, which I was corning (read: jonesing) to see for a while. I did indeed enjoy it. Rotten Tomatoes seems to be right on in its rating of this flick, so we're in accordance on all corns, I meant fronts. I'm really getting corned away here. I mean carried.

In other movie news, Bron and I rented Dead Snow. What a terrific flick. My zombie intestines were all aflutter with this one. I love how we had the option of watching it in English, instead of its native Norwegian. And yes, I'm completely technically backward because I never knew this feature existed in DVD world, although Bron is the one who has issues with subtitles, pas moi. I recommend this one for suresies.

To cap off my Sunday night, I decided to finally order some towels from L.L. Bean. I'm quite a fan of most of their goods, but after experiencing the loveliness of their Premium Cotton handtowels and bathmats (have two of each)(yes, I'm a mid-western US housewife), I was def going back for more, esp since I still have some fundage existing on my last-year's L.L. Christmas gift card. But, upon selecting my new natural coloured towels (I know, I'm so 'out there'), and deciding to get these pooches MONOGRAMMED, uh I realized that they only provide navy thread for light coloured towels and white for dark coloured towels. Ewww, navy? Nein thanks. I would never want to see a navy and natural towel in or around my home. A shame, really. I was prepared to drop the $12 to have both towels monogrammed. I just wanted to be whimsical and get "Bron" and "Kathryn" towels. But that won't be happening any time soon with navy at the thread helm. I guess I'll still order the towels, but I'm really not feeling the juice as much anymore. I'll give it a few days and see how I'm feeling. I'll update.

2 comments:

Ernestine's switchboard said...

I saw like 5 minutes of dead snow and nearly shiatsued myself because I was so scared!
No # 2 comment, if you order the wondrous towels of which you speak, you can then take them to a Marks Work Warehouse and they are able to embroider stuff like that.

There are my two pence worth!

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

are you serious? mark's work warehouse is the shizzit! except for the fact that they sometimes just call it Mark's now, in huge letters on the side of some suburban mini-mall somewhere. yack.

will we be seeing you this weekend? crash that partay if you aint invited!! haha!