Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do you live or work in Toronto?

says a random woman to me on the corner today at lunch. Why yes I do. She then says she's there on that corner today offering me spa services on behalf of a spa on the Danforth (we were at Spadina and Bloor, people) at 90% off. I fell silent. She said, you are the most unenthusiastic person I've talked to so far. I said I'm not a spa person. She then proceeded, however, to explain to me all the services they offer and would I want to give it as a gift - I could get $300 worth of crap for $47 - and the people I was gifting wouldn't know the difference. I just think that's mean. I don't like to trick-gift people. Who did she think I was!? She told me facials are her 'most favourite thing.' Am I just spa-mean?
When she asked me one final time if I had anyone in mind to spa-gift I said no, and walked away.
She was really being obtrusive.

2 comments:

krista zee said...

hahaha F off Spa people!

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

yesterday I told Bron I think spas are disgusting. Ha!