Monday, November 3, 2008

You. have. the. wrong. number.

The whole issue of people calling wrong numbers and then not believing you when you say 'This isn't CMHC,' or 'We don't sell microscopes,' or whatever the %#$^ else is REALLY starting to grate on me (or in the words of KZ, grind my gears).

Someone called here this morning, asking for some brochures about grants having to do with CMHC. This man would NOT believe me that he had the wrong number. Did he think that I was eventually going to say, 'Oh yes, you're right, this is CMHC, how could I have BEEN SO INCREDIBLY STUPID THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE NAME OF MY OWN WORKPLACE!???????????!'

Clearly, I've had enough of this practice. When someone tells you you have the wrong number, be respectful and hang the fuck up. Jesus gawd.

No comments: