Friday, December 19, 2008

1 dot FM

Ok, ok, I know I've been sorely lacking in bloggage. Get over it. (Hahaha)

After just speaking, well, Facebooking with old high school chum Paul, I was inspired to belt out a little rant about the expression, "What a small world!"

People soooo overuse this phrase. Someone saying, "Oh, your sister-in-law is on my hockey team. What a small world!" does not actually denote a small world at all when you both live in Waterloo. I'm sorry, it just doesn't, so refrain from using that tired catchphrase. Why are people so blind; blind to the language they use...?!

Right now I'm listening to a radio station at work that is all Christmas music all the time. There are even some techno Christmas remixes. Who knew? Certainly not me. Even some Motown Christmas mixes. Even some... ok, enough. It's just Christmas music.

No comments: