Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grrr is the word

Today at work was the day from heeeeellllll. Brutal out-of-town board meeting my colleague and I had to be on-call for, teleconference line that was wrongly DELETED by Bell (thanks a LOT, Bell, you just lost our biznass), dadaladalada - you do the math. By day's end, so many of our hairs had turned grey and fallen out all over the floor... needless to say, things were 'hairy' (ha, good one, if I do say so myself).

Then, I just happened to place a call to someone who needed an important e-mail address, and got her answering machine. So, the office whip I am, I left her a message. When I was spelling out the e-mail address (we all know much c's sound like b's or e's or d's or g's on the phone)(you get the picture) I had to append some words to some of the letters. My monologue went a little something like this (e-mail address has been changed for privacy):

"The e-mail address is motherlandd@agr.com. So that's motherland, with a D at the end, D as in dog, at A, G as in (insert hesitational moment of "Do I say GOD?" but NO I instead say) Grrr."

G as in GRRRR? Where the FUCK did I come up with that? Two seconds after getting off the phone my colleague is turning red and crylaughing. Then I hear another colleague down the hall call out "Grrrrr!" in a rather gruff voice. Can all my coworkers hear my (embarrassing)(although hilarious) phone calls all the time? Then my colleague exclaims, "I really needed that. That was great!"

So, after all was said and done, I guess I made someone's day. All it takes is me making up nonsensical sounds at work in order to clearly articulate an e-mail address containing every 'eee' sounding consonant in order to bring a smile to the faces of those around me. To that I say, S as in Ssssss (like the noise of a snake), "Sweet."

2 comments:

krista zee said...

G as in "They're Grrrr-eat!"

Mon P said...

omg...just read this post while at work and almost burst out laughing in one of those awkward quiet moments buried somewhere in the sea of cubes..