Friday, August 26, 2011

Fridays morgens

When you're hungry at work at 10:15am because you had to eat a bowl of milkless cereal this morning maybe don't drink half a cup of brown drink (read: Diet Coke) from an open can in the staff fridge.

In other news, I wanted to report on my other "free" thing. Earlier in the summer I had purchased a pair of Mephisto (read: old lady) sandals, of the snake print persuasion. These are the most comfortable things I have had the pleasure of slipping my feet into, ladies and gentlemen. Also, each time I took them off, my feet were silky smooth; and I don't know why! They were that good. But, after wearing them fewer than 10 times, the snake print started to wear off :( I got in touch with my friendly neighbourhood Walking on a Cloud where I purchased them and as of a few days ago, they offered me a credit for the value of the sandals. Yay! So I'm going to pick up some newwies today. These are the best, I'm telling you. Buy some. Not cheap, but your feet will proverbially thank you.

Also, I wanted to tell y'all about this. I am in week two of my weekly dose of CSA from Kawartha Ecological Growers. I like everything about this deal. The pick-up is right behind my work, the basket is always plentiful and colourful, the people are great, there is no waste (you bring your own bags 'n such) and it's such a nice way to celebrate the bounty of the summer and fall. Yes, I'll be getting a basket until November. Yessss! An amazing value for $15 a week of veggie and fruit goods. And that's just for the mini basket. There are small and large baskets as well, at $25 and I forget the other amount, respectively. Check them out. It's such a pleasure :)

Have a great weekend! Go check out The Ex! Maybe try a cheeseburger donut! Ok I'll stop there.

No comments: