Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The battle(')s at home

My friend RM passed along this article to me. Great stuff. Congrats, you big Tool.

However, quite honestly, that's great that D. Tool, or whatever his name is now wants to hit it to China, but I've got enough of these things to deal with locally, not to mention in my own home. He's all 'acting globally,' but I'm suffering locally.

Exhibit A: I see my roommate has purchased a canister of veg. protein powder. There is an icon on the can that looks/reads as follows: There is a big circle and just inside it says "DO NOT" and then within the circle there is another circle, inside of which is printed "CARB" and this circle has a red slash through it. So, I get the impression that this powder is trying to tell me, 'Do not not carb.' No clue what is going on here. This thing was made in the YOU ESS (U.S.). I just don't understand.

In other news, today I saw a man wearing a jean jacket approach the shopkeeper of a discount clothing store. He said to the shopkeep,

"Do you have any jean jackets?"

And dood replied,

"No."

Jean jacket man appeared aghast at this announcement. And by this, I mean basically completely put out. He made a corresponding angry sound and everything.

Moral of the story: Have zero expectations when shopping at Million Dollar Discount Dollar.

1 comment:

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Addendum:
It's actually called Discount Paradise. Sorry.