Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A lil' bit of sadness and trickfulness

I was tricked by the Cheerios.

Actually, I pretty much just tricked myself (in a kind of way). General Mills (Cheerios' parents) wanted me to throw down $3.99 to buy their cereal and hey, they would make sure I'd buy it 'cause they were tossing in some free yogurt. But the tricking part is that I don't even eat the yogurt that I will now get free. Why was I persuaded to buy the cereal anyway? Merely because of the promise of something "free."

Now I just feel like depositing this morning's bowl of Cheerios back into the bag, sealing it up, and returning it to my store. Well, also squeezing the soy milk out of the Cheerios as well before shoveling back into the box.

Lesson learned: "Free" things aren't often free at all.

In this case they should be called Saddios.

No comments: