Friday, October 17, 2008

The portly man in the beret

Yesterday I walked by a french driving school. Yes, french. I peered inside to see the instructor wearing a beret. Well then.

In other news, while waiting for the Dufferin bus the other night (ugh) I saw a man wearing a very interesting (stupid) backpack.

The straps informed me it was a SNAZ-E PAC (ew, what?!) and on the front pocket there was a large embroidered image of a spider cowboy-type figure.

What in god's name is a spider cowboy? Damned if I know.

Basically it was a cowboy, with all the normal trimmings - wide brimmed hat; one of those long twigs with the red polka dot bandanna fashioned into a sac-type deal hanging off the end, and... to top it all the fuck off: guy had six legs and two arms. (They sure got the '8 legs' thing down pat.)

Now someone just has to figure out why the hell this piece of shit was ever invented in the first place.* **


*nothing I write about is ever made up.
**guess I swear now in this blog.

No comments: