Monday, September 1, 2008

Dependable orange... let's get to the point

The other day B and I were talking about how great peaches are, and this conversation didn't happen but one day before R (3 years old) said to me,

"Did you know that peaches are the yummiest?"

A wise one he is. Anyway, I exclaimed that yes, peaches are great - superior to apples and oranges, I'd say - BUT, at the same time, not to be completely eclipsed by the orange; a rather manageable, dependable fruit, if you will. It was at this point that I began to sing my new hit single "Dependable Orange" to the tune of Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.

This is gonna be a hit, I tell ya.

--

In other news, on Saturday I was doing one of my regular browses through SDM (a.k.a. Shoppers Day Mart, a.k.a. Shoppers Drug Mart) and a mag with the faces of my old favourites - Kids in the Hall - was staring me right down.

The headline on the page told me that this was the comedy issue. Let me tell you: Naked Eye (the name of the mag) is a hit with me! I love the writing, I love the style, love how it's Canadian - a real package deal (insert thumbs up here).

I would completely suggest you nab this one next time you're at the store. And, at a mere $4.95, you're laughin'... at the price alone!

No comments: