Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Subway (not the restaurant)

I have a couple things to talk about today, relating to the subway.

-In general, I just find there is far too much throw-up in the subway. I can understand seeing lots of it on Friday or Saturday nights, or Sunday mornings, for that matter. But, as per last night - seeing it on a random Tuesday night? No, I don't think that's acceptable. What, do people just purposely show up at the subway to 'let go' of unwanted stomach contents? I certainly don't see a quarter of as much throw-up on the streets of TO as I do in the subway. I've had it, TTC, with your throw-up and your accepting nature of it.

-Zwei: I love the news updates that appear on those overhead screens in the subway. One I saw last night: "Hungry tiger escapes from zoo in Galveston, Texas." I just wonder how they know for certain that it's hungry? Is a tiger always hungry? Or is the news trying to frighten the people of Galveston, and me, all the way in Toronto!?

Another doozie I saw in February: "Valentines Day fondue mishap causes fire leaving NB man homeless." Ouch. All that, in the name of love.

No comments: