Saturday, September 6, 2008

Overwhelmed by of-the-moment trends

Everyone, I have an announcement to make:

Uniralls AND... AND RAT TAILS are back in. Unbelievably so, and true.

Case in point: Yesterday I saw a girl sporting the unirall look, of so many years passed. You know the one, where you only fasten one of the two closures on the overall straps.

Rat tails:
Ok, so over the past few days I have seen four--that's FOUR--rat tails; three on the streets of Toronto, and one on the screen of Pineapple Express. Ok, so I liked that one - it really worked well to paint a picture of a character who made a brief appearance in the flick. It was fine, and funny as all heck.

But these other ones - these
real life ones - I just don't know how this is acceptable.

  • The first one I saw, the girl already had long hair, but then further, there was a rat tail snaking its way out from under her longest layer of hair - who does this?
  • The second one was a middle aged woman with spiky grey hair. HER rat tail was festooned with beads and fashioned in a braid. Wow, she got style.
  • And, the last one - just spotted on the subway. An older gentleman, looking pretty normal from the front, who turned to reveal a lengthy, curly as heck 'tail.
Oh, and allow me to just add: these rat tails were not like a couple inches long. These were all pretty much middle-of-the-back dealies. HOW!?


I don't know... what's next?!

No comments: