Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pinkish

Ages ago my aunt gave me a shockingly pink hue of lipstick--fluorescent, really--suitable for use at 80s parties or when shopping at Bargain Harold's, called simply, Pinkish.

Today when I was on the elevator getting back from lunch I saw a member of the office custodial staff with a huge container of bathroom soap called 'Pink Luster.'

Yuck. You know the kind I'm talking about.

(That same pink luster seems never to wash off your hands either.)

--

Earlier today, in a staff meeting, a gentleman kept using the word "grinding." It was really grating on my nerves.

Some people really have favourite words, don't they? That they use many times over in the course of a morning, or their lives for that matter.

6 comments:

krista zee said...

People that say Grinding are really grinding my gears

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

He used it in every context imaginable. I couldn't believe it.

krista zee said...

Did he mention the "universal grinding machine"?

Chlo said...

oh god I love the old lady pink lipsticks. especially when they start to enter acid orange territory.

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Acid orange? Amazing!! Or, acid coral?

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Universal Grinding Machine!? Bahaha - what!??