Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Free school! I mean food.

I learned about this little golden nugget in university, but it really is something never to be forgotten:

University campuses always have free food - EVERYWHERE.

Case in point: today I was sauntering by the Jewish students centre at UT where they were throwing a clubs fair and FREE BBQ. Hello! Didn't I tell you? There was a young man there wearing a shirt that said MENSCH, and barbecued items galore by the looks of it. I mean, yah, sure, I could have popped my head in as well to take part in the festivities (I didn't; packed my own cucumber sandwich), but that food was definitely there for the taking. What were they going to say to me?!

Exhibit B: In my new position, I get e-mails about free lectures on campus, sometimes even featuring cool famous people (or maybe sometimes just people who are famous, but not in that cool of a way.) Good morning!: Free lectures generally equal free food! Example number two. I was told it's pretty good food too.

Bottom line: Never feel like you need to pay university tuition to enjoy the finer points of university life.

No comments: