Friday, September 19, 2008

Saying hi

Yesterday I popped into some 24-hour food store to pick up a little bit of an embellishment for my lunch before going to work and the nuttiest, just the nuttiest thing happened while I was in line. I was paying for my thing at the cashier and I heard the woman behind me talking (to herself) about how her daughter just brought back some chocolate from Belgium - the same kind they were selling at this store. My transaction was then complete, so I said thank you to the cashier and then THE WOMAN says to me, "Thank you too, bye now." What the hell?

This reminds me of the time I went for sushi at Mazz with R and S. While we were eating our meal, we saw this totally awkward couple, who must have been on their second date or something, [and the girl was ordering everything that the guy ordered, right after he ordered it (lame)] and then when we were leaving the restaurant, we said bye to the people working there and this girl kind of turns her head in our direction, while looking at our feet and said, "Bye guys." Again, what the hell?