Friday, July 11, 2008

Brutally free ride


Right now at the company where I work, they are working on a project for Chrysler Free Ride. So, not surprisingly, the corresponding song for the commercial is Free Ride by The Edgar Winter Group. You know, it's one of those songs that's probably been in several hundred beer commercials and makes you think of such things as people partying at a sun drenched beach in the early 80s, or off the back of a random truck, cracking open some brewskis, getting sunburns and then complaining about them, as well as cut-off jean shorts; things of this nature. So, at this moment, not only is this song on brutal repeat in my BRAIN, but I also hear it waft frequently out of one of the offices, people walk around the office humming or flat out singing it, I have to look at the folder that houses the documents pertaining to the project... It's driving me up the wall!

"Come and take a free right--FREE RIDE! Come on and take a Free. Ride." and it has that catchy guitar only part, where the images of what I wrote above invade your brain.

3 comments:

Pronto said...

hi, it's me again.

i totally GET you post, mostly cause i know what you mean.

but,

i'm a 'skimmer', and shit leaps out to me sometimes.......

why is one of your labels 'cut off jeans'




just askin'





curious minds wanna know

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

For the sole reason, pronto, that I wrote about cut-off jean shorts in my post.

Pronto said...

I see that now.

Totally missed it the first time.

Sux to be me......