Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Has: My Bro!

Hasbro. Now here's a company that runs a tight ship.

This weekend, while enjoying myself in the wilds of cottage country, a couple of friends and I decided to indulge in a li'l Travel Scrabble. After playing two rounds of one of my fave games, the Welshman informed me that I was missing my X. I couldn't believe my ears or eyes. A letter, missing from my game? This was very concerning.

Fast forward to yesterday: I shoot Hasbro an e-mail, telling them of my plight. 'One missing letter, dude, I don't need a whole set of new letters though!' They (well, Veronica) replied quick as a wink:

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding your Travel Scrabble game.

Your satisfaction is very important to us. We will be happy to ship the replacement letter tile 'X' at no charge to you.

Shipping will be done as quickly as possible.

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. We hope you will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Many years to come, indeed!

3 comments:

krista zee said...

That is truley amazing.
is your game the newer version where the letters are like magnets? Or the old school brown game?

(we have old school browny)

Pronto said...

shit. i'm commenting again.

was that including shipping and handling?

Ernestine's switchboard said...

Brilliant Weenz....
I can't believe they are going to do that...
i'll be passing this post onto a certain Welsh individual.