Monday, July 14, 2008

Let me talk about the time when I first moved here...

I was waiting for the subway. I noticed a woman, talking to a wall:

"I'm gonna stick a penknife in your eye."

Oh god, I thought. What have I gotten myself into? Then she continued:

"You and your music, and your headphones and your gramophones."


What on earth!?, I thought. Two seconds later:

"Are you in the mood? Are you on the M-O-O-D?"

Later that day, after exiting the subway I saw a man pushing a baby stroller. I was eager to see what the baby looked like. After peering into the stroller, I found it was jam-packed with dozens of loaves of Wonderbread.


About a week later I saw another man pushing a baby stroller. This one contained a small dog, wearing a striped T-shirt, with a blanket wrapped around its legs. It was sitting in an upright position, not unlike a human baby. It looked absolutely pleased as punch.


What does that expression mean?


No comments: